Monday, April 9, 2007

Don Imus

I don't know about the Don Imus hullaballoo. I guess I'm a bit surprised that this didn't happen before, because he and Bernie get going pretty good. So does Rob Bartlett, one of the guys who impersonates others, including Dr. Phil.

Apparently this time, Don crossed a line. He's poked fun at loads of groups, and his producer has as well -- I mean, Bernie wears a Fed-Ex envelope on his head and plays an Irish Catholic Cardinal. And that gets pretty...nasty.

There's somewhere in all of that where an invisible line exists that one doesn't cross. Don crossed it this time. But the invisible line isn't always clear for the groups of people that Don and crew poke fun of.

I don't think the man should lose his job; he does so much good and if he's truly sorry, and I think he is, he should continue to use the radio microphone to do good. I thought it was pretty cool that he went on the Reverend Al's radio show. Don's not stupid. He got carried away, though, and I betcha the minute the phrase came out of his mouth, he knew he'd gone too far. Because he knows where those lines are.

By the way, the aforementioned two ducks were sitting in the same place today, their bills poked back under their feathers to keep warm. But this time, they sat just outside the handicapped parking spots, so no one had to take drastic actions to avoid them.

Work was fun today. I can't believe I can actually write that!

3 comments:

Erudite Redneck said...

"Work was fun today."

That is, indeed, cool. I'm glad.

drlobojo said...

What was fun was watching the hypocrites crawl out from under the rocks. Especially Sharpton and Rainbow Party Man who are operating on the 1960s style Black leadership were obtuse about this.

Don has blown it. But he won't be done in because he is racist, it is because he is out of date and us out of date types feel guilty about laughing at his adolecent meaness. His vineger is now sour.

And yes, I finally got my fricking Google account to give back my pass word after 2 years.

drlobojo said...

What 5 days and no posting? They got you busy woman?