Friday, April 27, 2007

Apollo 427

Dearest Apollo, you know I love you immensely. Fenway just had that dorky picture on my computer and I thought it was cute. I will put one of you on my blog today: There, isn't he cute, everyone. Backlit by the Christmas tree, in his Ho Ho Ho bandana. I love you, Apollo!

Not in a great mood today because I overslept by so much time, I actually woke up two hours after I was suppposed to be at work. I obviously sleep-walked and turned off my TWO alarm clocks this morning. My body has a mind of its own (which is really a funny statement, if you think about it). And if my body is tired, nothing in the world will wake me up. A sleep doctor in OK gave me medicine for what he called "Delayed Sleep Phase Disorder," and he said that my circadians were actually more like an adolescent's -- I like to think of it as my body operating on Hawaii's time zone. I don't like to take the medicine, and, in fact, I left it in OK because all it is is basically speed -- it's a drug they give to narcoleptics called Provigil and man,if you don't have insurance, you couldn't afford it, because the actual retail price of the danged drug is about $250 bucks for a month's supply. Still, I don't like it.

I now have three checkbooks as of yesterday, as well as three debit cards...one for my new Health Savings Account, which my EMPLOYER deposits enough money each year to cover the $2000 deductible so we have NO out of pocket costs for healthcare because, once we meet that deductible, everything is 100%. Having a plan like that for me is like taking my daddy to an all-you-can-eat buffet. They lose money on Daddy, they're gonna lose money on me. But how cool is that health plan?

I also now have a new checking account in Boulder and still the one in OK. Hooooly cow.

I had to go buy reading glasses last night. Old age beckons. I realized, once it got so bad I needed the glasses, that I've been reading with one eye for ages. I must had compensated. When I was trying to read last night, the right eye and the left eye weren't in sync...I'd see the lines in the book twice, one nearly on top of the other. I suspect that's more than just buying drug store glasses, so when I get the new insurance here, I'm off to the eye doctor.

So Apollo, I hope you like your picture. You are adorable in a much more regal way than your brother....Love, Dama

2 comments:

Erudite Redneck said...

He *is* a handsome feller.

drlobojo said...

Wait till you get to the tri-focal stage and annual visits to the opthomologist as well as bienniel visits to the optometrist.

Want to wake up on time? Get a Cat and feed them every morning at the time you need to get up. They will not let you oversleep. 100% effective.