Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Bienvenidos! Estados Unidos says Howdy (hope I got all that right)

I'm writing a post at the moment to make sure I don't go in and kill me a fax machine or something. Dang, one thing after the other today. I'll live. Sure beats where I used to be.

If it weren't for the fact that I got my hair cut this noon-hour, the day would be a write-off. It was a nice break in the day.

However, I listened to Lou Dobbs this morning, in his usual rant, and this occurred to me as the easiest solution to the immigration problem...what do you think? We do one of two things:

1. Make Mexico a protectorate of the United States like we do Puerto Rico; or

2. We turn Mexico into a new state, either called "Old Mexico," as everyone in Texas calls it, or we call it South Texas.

Then no one is illegal. We just make 'em part of the U.S. The border issue is solved. The national guard can go home. The fences and tunnels will be moot.

I grant you, it doesn't come out even to have 51 stars on the flag. But we could paste one on.

And all the "states" in Mexico become large "counties."

Anyone for this option?

2 comments:

Erudite Redneck said...

Hoot!

Need to break it up into several states though. Get more Senate Democrats that way.

OTOH, if the Dems continue to let the presidnet and veep off the dang hook, I might not much care how many Dems are in the Senate.

drlobojo said...

When we were negotiating for the Gadsen Purchase, Mexico offered us everything West of the tip of Texas and North of that line. It would have been not much more money. The only problem was all those damn Mexicans that already lived there, and they were Metitzos to boot.

Also we would have annex Northern Mexico after the Mexican /American war if it hadn't be for those Mexicans again. Oh, yes and it was South of that Slavery line we had drawn. Those would have been slave states.

Solution: annex both Canada and Mexico and then develop the Northern part of Canada as global warming opens it up and populate it with Mexicans. Then export all of the old age baby boomers down to live in Mexico. That would even it all out.